Tuesday 8 February 2011

A vampy, dark Valentine's Day look

This look was really simple to do, nothing too it at all.
First I painted my nails with OPI Chip Skip and my favourite base coat, OPI's Nail Envy for dry and brittle nails to prep and prime my nails for painting. This is the routine that I use for every nail look.


Next, I painted my nails with Nubar's Midnight Matte
 This is the first, and currently the only, Nubar polish that I own. I love the shape of the bottle, I love the shape and size of the brush, and I love the consistency of the polish. It's not too thick and not too runny, and it gives a very good coverage. It was almost perfect with just one coat, and if I was a little more skilled with a brush, one coat would have done, but I put two on because I'm a shaky, messy painter.
The dry time for this polish was really quick, but I think that's just standard for matte polishes. I'd really love to get my hands on a few more Nubar polishes.


Next, I used french tip stickers and OPI's Rising Star from the Burlesque collection to create red tips over the black matte. Rising Star is a lovely jelly red colour with a dark pink shimmer to it.
Over the midnight matte, which has a matte, silver shimmer through it that looks amazing, the red of Rising Star was made a lot darker than how it would normally look. This worked well for the vampy look!
After the Rising Star french tips had dried, I grabbed my nail gems and added a little heart to my ring finger on each hand. I used my No.7 matte topcoat to adhere the gems and a tiny bit of Seche Vite top coat to make the gems shiny again.

3 comments:

Nicole - Top To Toe said...

Simple but gorgeous x

How did you get the red tips so perfect?

Angela said...

Nicole: I used the french tip stickers that you can get in boots or superdrug, I stuck them to the back of my hand first so they wouldn't leave sticky marks on my nails and then I put them on the nails, painted on the red and took the sticker off asap.

Angeles said...

I love it! It's a different kind of love... ;-)

Post a Comment