Monday 16 May 2011

OPI Stranger Tides and gold glitter

New blog post! How long has it been? Sorry for my AWOL!

Anyway, I got the POTC OPI mini set, and the first one I’ve tried is Stranger Tides, which is a kind of musty grey-green but in an attractive way!
I’ve used three coats over my OPI nail envy base, and then I topped with a thick coat of Seche Vite. The texture of this one was runny and a little hard to get a nice, smooth, even finish which is why I used a thick top coat.
On my accent nails I used a gold glitter as a top coat and I really like how that turned out! Everyone is using the silver shatter so I thought the gold glitter was something different. The one I used is by Stargazer, which is easily accessible and great quality.



On the topic of that silver shatter, I don’t have it just yet, (one bottle is on it’s way to me in the post) but I do have a lovely silver shatter from a brand in Boots called 17. Someone I worked with (I had to leave my part time job L) bought it so I went and got one too. It works really well, it’s about the same quality as the Barry M polishes, which have been insanely popular!
I don’t have any pics right now, I’m waiting for the OPI one to come through and then I’ll compare for ya!


And hey, check how long my nails are now! My new job isn’t as hard on my nails, so less chips and breakages means they have just sprouted out of nowhere! They’re difficult to type with though, my laptop broke so all I have is my netbook and its tiny keyboard!

4 comments:

Forever Miss Vanity said...

Beautiful nails :)I really want to try that nail polish set.

Following :)

www.forevermissvanity.com

xx

xo said...

The pirates polishes are so pretty.

kurisu neko said...

I have just suscribed to your blog! It is nice and very funny... (loving the gifs LOL)
I came here thanks to this other blog: http://conjuracioneshellenisticas.blogspot.com/2011/11/la-senora-crema-is-in-tha-house.html
(me and also the girl from the blog are from Spain)

Jo Lane said...

Love your blog! So many wonderful ideas!!!

lovinglifeinthefablaneblog.blogspot.com

Follow each other? :)

Post a Comment